South Bay Wild Lingcod Chowder
- 2 lbs. Wild Lingcod fillets (bones removed, cut into ¾ inch cubes)
- 6-8 large potatoes (chopped)
- 1 larger onion (chopped)
- 4 stocks celery (sliced)
- 3 medium carrots (sliced)
- ¼ c. fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- ¼ c. fennel bulb (chopped)
- 6-8 springs fresh thyme
- 3 large cloves garlic (chopped)
- 3/4 c. Vermouth
- 6 slices of bacon (sliced into small pieces)
- 4 to 6 C. Wild fish Stock (southbaywild.com) or 1 large can chicken broth
- Sea salt
- In heavy 8 quart stock pan cook bacon until crisp, add the onion, carrots, celery, parsley, thyme, garlic, fennel, sea salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables become soft without browning, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and pour in the vermouth and wild fish stock, add bay leaf. Cover pot and let potatoes cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are done, add fish. Cook about 5 minutes longer over a medium high heat.